Cars and trucks can be donated to Goodwill in three ways:
- Call (317) 524-4293 to schedule free towing of your car or truck.
- Drive your automobile to the nearest central Indiana Goodwill store.
- Complete the online donation form to donate and schedule free towing.
For more information, contact the auto donations supervisor at (317) 524-4293.
Car and truck donations to Goodwill are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
When you donate your vehicle:
You will receive a donation receipt that shows when the automobile was picked up, the year, make, model and mileage.
After the automobile as been sold at auction, Goodwill will send you a letter stating the sale price of the car for tax purposes.
- Goodwill accepts cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, RVs and boats on trailers.
- The vehicle does not need to be in running condition.
- Automobiles should have all tires so that it is easily towed.
- Donors must be able to turn over a clear title and the keys to the car or truck.
- Donors should remove the license plate.
- All personal belongings should be removed.
- Donated vehicles must be located in one of the 29 counties served by Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana.
- If you believe the vehicle is worth more than $5,000, have it appraised for tax purposes.