Goodwill makes it easy to donate:
Cars, trucks and vans
Boats or other vehicles
What you need to do to prepare:
- Goodwill accepts cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, RVs and boats on trailers.
- The vehicle does not need to be in running condition.
- Automobiles should have all tires for easy towing.
- Donors must be able to turn over a clear title and the keys to the vehicle.
- Donors should remove the license plate.
- All personal belongings should be removed. This includes any valuables or documents containing personal information.
- Donated vehicles must be located in one of the 39 counties served by Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- If you believe the vehicle is worth more than $5,000, have it appraised for tax purposes.
When you donate your vehicle:
- You will receive a donation receipt showing the date of donation and the vehicle’s year, make, model and mileage.
- After the automobile as been sold at auction, Goodwill will mail you a letter stating the sale price of the car; use this information for your itemized federal tax return.