Updates from Goodwill on our response to COVID-19
March 20, 2020 (update)
Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana Customers, Students, Families, Employees,
Nothing is more important to Goodwill than the health and safety of our customers, students, employees, and all those whom we serve. We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and following guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Indiana State Department of Health. Our goal is to do everything within our power to keep operations running and people safe during this concerning time. Given the breadth of services we conduct as a local non-profit we have done and continue to do the following:
- Instituted a pandemic plan across our organization, which includes health and safety protocols that allow us to continue to serve you.
- Effective on Friday, March 20, our Retail Store sales floors are closed to shoppers. However, we will continue to accept donations during limited hours of 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Monday-Saturday, and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- We have closed our Excel Centers and Indianapolis Metropolitan High School to help reduce the spread of the virus.
- Some facilities remain open to provide much-needed meals to our students and their families.
- We have increased deep cleaning for all retail backrooms and employee areas.
- Made hand sanitizer available in high-traffic areas.
- At our Commercial Services facilities, we have increased our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and personal hygiene practices.
- Our COVID-19 Response Team meets daily to monitor events and provide guidance with the goal of ensuring we meet customer requirements.
Please know that we remain committed to delivering quality service to our partners
during this uncertain time. We will continue to communicate with you about our response
to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Thank you for your business and continued trust in Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Kent A. Kramer
President & CEO