Updates on Goodwill’s COVID-19 response
June 50% off Sale and Outlet Blowout Sale Canceled
Thank you for your ongoing support of Goodwill throughout this unprecedented time. Our retail locations across central and southern Indiana have reopened at regular store hours, and we’ve worked hard to add new safety measures to keep you and our associates safe.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have made the decision to suspend our June 50% off Sale and Outlet Blowout Sale.
The crowds generated during these sale events make it too difficult to safely execute the capacity restrictions, safety protocols and social distancing measures currently in place. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, and we continue to appreciate your support through these trying times — whether that is through donating goods you find while spring cleaning or shopping in our stores.
With the help of your donations and shopping, Goodwill continues to change lives in our communities every day by empowering people to increase their independence and reach their potential through health, education and employment. Since the pandemic hit Indiana earlier this year, Goodwill has…
- continued to provide educational and barrier-removal services to over 4,000 adults who are on a path to earn a high school diploma at The Excel Center.
- continued to serve nearly 300 traditional age students who are experiencing barriers to education and are in need of extra support at Indianapolis Metropolitan High School.
- in total, paired over 4,500 first-time moms with a registered nurse to conduct scheduled one-on-one visits, where guidance and coaching around maternal health are provided through Nurse-Family Partnership.
- proudly offered ongoing employment support across central and southern Indiana through programs like SCSEP and New Beginnings.
Thank you for your support and advocacy!
Goodwill retail and outlet stores are now open our regular hours of 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday – Saturday and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sunday.
Shoppers can expect the following changes in their shopping experience:
- Limit on the number of shoppers allowed in the store at any given time
- Face covering, such as a n95 mask or kerchief, recommended
- Fitting rooms are closed
- Social distancing markers throughout the store
- When dropping off a donation, place the donation in the appropriate box
Outlet shoppers can expect the following changes in their shopping experience:
- We are limiting the number of shoppers in the store, and every shopper is required to use a cart
- Face covering is REQUIRED while shopping
- Social distancing reminders throughout the store
- No food or drink is allowed in the store
- We are unable to help customers load purchased furniture into vehicles
- Customers must move to the designated waiting area before bin rotations can take place
- Once a cart is full, customer must check out
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have made the decision to suspend our June 50% off Sale and Outlet Blowout Sale.
- Goodwill retail stores and outlets are now open our regular hours of Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Goodwill’s Commercial Services division is open and available for those seeking contract manufacturing or janitorial services.
- The Excel Center locations and Indianapolis Metropolitan High School are serving students via e-learning.
- Nurse-Family Partnership nurses are serving clients via tele-health.
- Goodwill’s main offices at 1635 W. Michigan Street are closed. Employees can be reached by calling 317-524-4313.
- Goodwill is currently collecting donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) to be distributed to local medical professionals across the state to support the work being done to mitigate the outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus. To donate any of this equipment, visit any Goodwill retail store and look for the designated donation drop box.