Service organizations, schools, churches and businesses can help Goodwill and the community by hosting donation drives. Our donation team will work with you to create the donation drive or event that best suits your needs.
Goodwill can pick donations up from you, or you can have your members, students or employees bring donations to Goodwill stores. And support is available to help you promote your drive or event!
Collect & Connect
You can also turn your event into what we call a Collect & Connect project. This option allows your organization to receive a $5 clothing voucher, redeemable at any central or southern Indiana Goodwill store, for every 13-gallon bag of clothing you donate. You may then distribute the vouchers to individuals and families in need, or donate them back to Goodwill for distribution to students, families, employment program participants and more.
More information about Collect & Connect projects:
- Drives may be conducted at any time throughout the year for a specific period of time and can be conducted on an ongoing basis.
- Organizations can choose to have a one-day, week-long or month-long drive.
- Clothing collected through a Collect & Connect drive must be donated to Goodwill. All donations are sold in central and southern Indiana Goodwill stores.
- Organizations need to follow Goodwill’s donation guidelines and familiarize themselves with items Goodwill can and can’t accept. Donors should always check their donations for valuables or items containing personal information before donating.
- Participants are required to bring donations in 13-gallon bags.
- Vouchers issued for donations collected are not tax-deductible.
- Vouchers expire after one year.
- When voucher recipients make a purchase, they must present the voucher(s) to the cashier.
- Vouchers are valid for any item in the store.
- Vouchers may be redeemed on 50% off sale days.
What motivates me to come to work every day is the people I’m around. They don’t make me feel like I’m a custodian; they make me feel like I’m part of the team, and they’re always there to encourage me.Matthew Jones