Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I don’t live in central or southern Indiana. How do I contact my local Goodwill?
Q. Can I volunteer or perform community service hours at your store?
Q. Is Goodwill a nonprofit?
Q. Are Goodwill’s prices negotiable?
Q. Can I return my purchase?
Q. Can you tell me if you have any _____ for sale at your stores?
Q. Do you offer a military discount?
Q. Can I pick up an online purchase in person?
A. Yes, if you win an auction bid at shopgoodwill.com and wish to pick it up from Goodwill in Indianapolis, you may do so. Please call 317-524-4352 or email email@example.com to schedule your pick-up.
To maintain social distancing, please help us follow the below guidelines:
- We are strictly limiting the number of customers per day allowed to pick up items
- Walk-ins are not allowed- this will be strictly enforced
- Customers must be able to load, lift, and carry all of their items
- Customers must provide their own packing materials
- Gloves & face coverings are suggested but not required
- If you miss your scheduled time, please call to reschedule.
- Curbside pick-up is available
Call customer service with questions or concerns. Please have your order number ready.
- 317-524-4352 (follow the prompts)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick-up hours: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed major holidays)
Pick-up address: 8460 Bearing Drive, Suite #400, Indianapolis, IN 46268
Q. What items does Goodwill accept?
Q. Are there types of donations Goodwill can’t accept?
Q. What if I accidentally donated an item? Can I get it back?
Q. Do you have any programs to donate cars or other items to individuals or causes in need?
Q. What does Goodwill do with my donations?
Q. Why does Goodwill throw some items away?
Q. What can I do with items that Goodwill doesn’t accept?
- Documents containing personal information – such as medical records, tax records, bank statements and more – can be securely shredded by companies including Shred-It and Shred Monkey. Visit their websites for specific locations and costs.
- College Hunks Hauling is a Goodwill partner that can remove items (including items Goodwill can’t accept) from anywhere on your property. They will deliver acceptable items to Goodwill while properly disposing of items Goodwill can’t accept. There is a fee for this service, but Goodwill donors receive a discount.
- Need help disposing of a non-working television? Many communities, the state of Indiana and even some stores have recycling programs. Visit our resource page to learn how you can safely and properly dispose of a non-working television. It is against state law to dispose of a television with regular trash services.
- Your local trash pick-up usually can remove items on their “heavy pickup” days. Gas tanks should be removed from grills and other gas-powered equipment and disposed of at a toxic waste site before these items can be picked up. Call your local trash pick-up service for details and pickup information.
- Household paint products, gasoline, pesticides, lead acid batteries and many other household products and chemicals can be taken to ToxDrop locations throughout Indianapolis. ToxDrop’s days and hours vary, so please check their website or call 317-327-2234 for more information.
- Car batteries can be dropped off at Ace Battery, 2166 Bluff Road, Indianapolis. Ace Battery does not accept nickel cadmium batteries. For hours or more information, call (317) 786-2717.
“People with disabilities will work harder than anyone else in your office. We’re the most loyal employees because we want to show how much we want to be here to work. We’re loyal, punctual and hard-working — just give us a chance.”
Q. How does Goodwill Rewards work?
Q. How do I log in to my Goodwill Rewards account?
Q. Can my rewards be loaded manually after my transaction has been completed?
Q. How many rewards can you use at one time?
Q. Do my rewards expire?
Q. What type of rewards do I receive?
- 10% off $20 purchase every day
- Special birthday gift
- Holiday rewards
- Advance notice of sales/special promotions
- Track your donations, itemize online and more!