February 10, 2017
For Immediate Release
Contact: Cindy Graham
Goodwill to Celebrate Re-Opening of 11 Southern Stores on Feb. 24
Stores will be closed for renovation Feb. 19-23
Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana will celebrate the grand re-opening of 11 of its southern Indiana stores on Friday, February 24. All 11 southern Indiana stores are receiving exterior and interior enhancements, including:
- improvements to the sales floor, a fresh merchandising layout and new store signage;
- new sales and promotions, including 50% off storewide the first Saturday of each month and 30% off every Wednesday for shoppers age 55+;
- 50,000-100,000 items for sale at any given time, depending on the size of the store;
- a new shopper and donor loyalty program: Goodwill Rewards;
- improvements to donation processing to create greater efficiencies and reduce waste, in order to be the best possible stewards of donors’ contributions.
The following 11 Indiana stores will be closed to shoppers from Sunday, February 19 to Thursday, February 23 in order to finish renovations. Goodwill will continue to accept donations during the closure:
- 1221 James Avenue, Bedford, IN 47421
- 1212 Applegate Lane, Clarksville, IN 47129
- 2400 Landmark Avenue, Corydon, IN 47112
- 4646 Duffy Road, Ste A, Floyds Knobs, IN 47119
- 2764 Jefferson Centre Way, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
- 3200 English Station, Unit A, Madison, IN 47250
- 375 Professional Court, New Albany, IN 47150
- 2260 N. State Hwy 7, North Vernon, IN 47265
- 400 S. Main Street, Salem, IN 47167
- 1602 W. McClain Avenue, Scottsburg, IN 47170
- 1857 E. Tipton Street, Seymour, IN 47274
“We’re excited to bring these changes to southern Indiana. Upgrading the retail infrastructure is the first step in bringing new jobs and services to the region,” said Kent A. Kramer, Goodwill’s president and CEO. “These stores contribute significant revenue to our mission of helping people increase their independence and reach their potential. Beyond job creation, the success of these stores paves the way for new services like The Excel Center, our adult high school, and Nurse-Family Partnership, our maternal-child health program – both of which are coming to southern Indiana later this year.”
The five-day closure marks the end of a retail overhaul that began this past summer, involving hundreds of Goodwill employees from throughout central and southern Indiana.
“We’ve been working on these stores for months, and a number of improvements have already been made, especially in terms of donation processing and storage. That’s part of the reason we can continue to accept donations during the five-day closure,” said Kramer.
All 11 stores will re-open at 9 a.m. on Friday, February 24. The stores have positions to fill, and job-seekers are encouraged to apply online at goodwillindy.org/retail-jobs.
Goodwill is celebrating the grand re-opening throughout its entire territory. Goodwill Rewards members who sign up for the program, shop or donate at any of the 70+ retail stores in central and southern Indiana from February 24 to March 3 will be entered to win one of more than 500 $25 gift cards.
“Customers will be excited to see what we have to offer on February 24 and moving forward,” said Kramer. “We would not be able to fulfill our mission without the support of our shoppers and donors, and we can’t thank them enough.”
About Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana
Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana changes lives every day by empowering people to increase their independence and reach their potential through education, health and employment. The organization serves 39 Indiana counties and operates more than 70 retail locations, as well as charter schools for adults and youth, a maternal-child health program, a child care center and more.