What We Do
When people hear “Goodwill,” they often think of our retail stores, but did you know you could earn a diploma at one of our high schools? Are you familiar with our nurse home visitation program for first-time moms? Goodwill is more than just a thrift store. See the impact your donations are having in your community.
people work for Goodwill, and more than half of them face barriers such as a disability, criminal history or limited education.
Meet Derrick Powe
students have graduated from The Excel Center (Goodwill’s high school for adults) and our Indianapolis Metropolitan High School (for grades 9-12), since the schools were founded.
Meet Pency Engmawii
With 80 Goodwill retail sites, our retail operation is an important and large part of who we are and what we do. It fuels our good work in central and southern Indiana, generating revenue for critical services while providing job opportunities for thousands of Hoosiers, many of whom face limited job options.
Everything we do, including our retail operations, helps us further our mission of empowering people to increase their independence and reach their potential. From education, to health, to employment, all of our programs and services – made possible through your support – provide life-changing opportunities to those who connect with Goodwill.
Our services include:
- Tuition-free, charter high school for grades 9-12. Indianapolis Met is a best-fit school for students experiencing significant barriers with an emphasis on ensuring students enroll in college or enter into a career that offers a living wage post-graduation.
- Tuition-free, charter high school for adults that focuses on removing barriers to education by offering students flexible scheduling, tutoring, life coaching, child care, transportation, college credits and other resources, while helping them prepare for postsecondary education and a career.
- Direct hiring for Goodwill jobs, especially for job-seekers with employment barriers like a disability, criminal history or limited education. Apply today.
- Job readiness, training and outplacement for individuals with barriers. Learn more about our employment services.
- Pre-natal and maternal health, parenting skills, child development and school readiness. Learn more about Nurse-Family Partnership.
- Connections to resources for transportation, housing, child care, financial literacy and more.
- A child development center and preschool for children ages six weeks to five years. Our services set us apart from other child care facilities, allowing us to help all children, challenged to gifted, to develop to their full potential.
“Just because you’re a felon doesn’t mean it’s the end for you. I want people to know my journey and hope that they are inspired to keep moving forward.”